Forever

11:30 AM

Our weekend had its ups and downs.

The first 'up' being the weather!  It was gorgeous.  We tried to spend as much time as we could outside.  Cameryn enjoyed drawing on the sidewalk and visiting her duck friends at the pond.  She also rode her little push car all the way around the block!  She is such an adrenaline junkie, already.  She loves to pick her feet up off the ground and go as fast as she can down the hills.  She's crashed before so obviously the thought of doing so again doesn't scare her at all.   Thankfully, our trip around the block wore her out, her little legs were tired!

I took advantage of the weather and went for several long runs.  The sunshine and fresh air was just what I needed to clear my head from the weeks events.  When running, I don't think about anything else except for my next step.  For 45 minutes, it's just me.    My head is clear of chores waiting at home, the madness at the office, my family, my friends... it's just me joining forces with me.  Cliche?  Maybe.  But it's so worth it.


*sigh* Sunshine isn't forever... Mother nature is such a tease.  It's going to rain most of the week and be 38 on Friday.

As I said on Facebook, nothing says "perfect day" like 72 degrees and cupcakes.  We ended the weekend with cupcakes and laughter.

***

Sadly, Chris's grandfather passed away early Saturday morning.  Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.  For some moments in life, there are no words.  This is one of those times.

There is, however, one quote that I have always found some comfort in because there is some magic in a sunrise and sunset... a beautiful  reminder of our daily blessings.
"Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight." -
Rossiter Worthington Raymond

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram