My Wish For You

4:44 PM

Christmas is a few days away and people keep asking me, "Are you ready?"  I always answer, "I'm as ready as I am going to get."  While I still get perfectly giddy on Christmas Eve and I love, love, love the gift giving (and receiving!)  aspect of Christmas, I could also be perfectly happy just spending the day with my friends and family... Watching the lights twinkle on the tree... Using laughter as our soundtrack...  Wishing that the day would never end.

I often get sentimental about my times with friends and family, not just around the Holidays, but anytime I get to spend such joyous times with them.  I find myself watching the room and the interactions taking place around me, thinking that there is something magical about these moments.  The moments where you look around and think, "This is why I am here.  This is what is important to me.  I have more blessings than lights on the tree."  And you wish that the moment didn't end.  And in some ways, they don't.  I keep those moments wrapped, like gifts under the tree, close to my heart and soul and use them to propel me through the times that don't seem so magical.

My wish for you this season is that you find your moment to cherish.

What is Christmas?  It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.  It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.  ~Agnes M. Pahro

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram