BOOM! "OH!"

9:31 AM

We didn't have any plans for the weekend.  I needed to clean our house after having company last week.  Chris was working Saturday and Sunday, so it was just Cam and I.

Or so I thought.

Cameryn and I got up at 6:30 on Saturday and played until 7:30 when she wanted to wake up Chris.  Chris got up and was sitting on the couch drinking his coffee.  Cameryn and I went into the office because she wanted to do her ABC's online (Fisher Price website!)  About 15 minutes later I heard a loud BOOM! and then an "Oh!"  I called out to Chris and asked if he was okay.  No answer.  I called again.  No answer.  I got up from the chair, running into the living room while Cameryn trailed behind me.  My heart dropped into my stomach, Chris was face first on the floor.  Coffee was spilled everywhere.  His glasses had fallen off and were bent.  "Chris!  Are you okay?"  He looked up at me and was totally disoriented.  Cameryn, obviously sensing that something was wrong had started crying.  Chris tried to get up, but I made him just sit there while I figured out what the heck just happened.   He said that he doesn't remember getting up off the couch or walking towards the kitchen.  He walked 5-6 steps towards the kitchen and fell face first, between Cameryn's toy box and the coffee table.  He does have a red mark on his head, he obviously hit it somewhere, and rug burn on his knee, but otherwise he is/was okay.  He sat on the couch with Cameryn while I cleaned the carpet.  I asked him if he had ever done that before, he said no.  I asked him if he wanted to go to the doctor, he said no.  This was not the answer that I wanted to hear.  This wasn't a normal occurrence for him, so obviously something was wrong.  I asked him to call his mom (because I knew he would listen to her) and she recommended that we go to the doctor.  He ate while I dressed Cameryn and off we went.  We waited for an hour or so before he was finally seen.  His sugar was low, even after his meal, but otherwise he was fine.  His EKG and vitals all came back normal.  They sent off his blood work to check his insulin levels and we should have that back in a few days.  We are wondering if he is hypoglycemic as it runs in his family.  He didn't go to work on Saturday, thank goodness, and we had a lazy Saturday.  I cooked chili and we watched the SEC Championship game.

Chris did go to work on Sunday, he said that he is feeling fine.  I have asked him to try and eat something every few hours to keep his sugar levels up.  He did eat a snack in the morning, but didn't after lunch.  I have set a reminder on my calendar at work to text him every 3 hours to eat.  I don't want to find him face first in the ground again! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram