Recipe Alert!

1:34 PM

I made this recipe last night and it was seriously yummy.  Even the leftovers, which I just ate for lunch, were yummy! 

Creamy Chicken and Artichoke Pasta
adapted from The Pioneer Woman (She doesn't use chicken or wine.  I like wine.)

Ingredients

Whole wheat pasta or brown rice
2 chicken breasts, cooked to your liking (we grilled ours)
1T olive oil
3 cloves of chopped garlic
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can artichokes
1/4 cup white wine (I used Toasted Head Chardonnay because its what I drink anyway, and I used about a 1/2c, but a 1/4 c would work.  I like wine.)
1/2 cup fat free half and half (you could also use heavy cream)
Parmesan cheese

Directions

1.  Cook pasta or rice, set aside.
2.  Heat large skillet with olive oil.  Add garlic, zucchini, onion, pepper and wine, and saute until soft.
3.  Add artichokes and diced tomatoes until heated through on medium heat.
4.  Turn heat down to low, add half and half or cream, cook until heated through.
5.  Slice cooked chicken into thin strips.
6.  Pour pasta or rice onto plate, top with Parmesan cheese, then add artichoke mixture.

Yum!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram