The radomness that is Friday.

9:48 AM

I bought some new shampoo and conditioner a few weeks ago (BOGO!) and I was so excited to try it out.  I'm a sucker for new toiletries!  Yep, I get those excited anxious butterflies when I get new shampoo or makeup, it's so silly, but hey, it keeps my life interesting.  After trying them out for a few weeks, I have been highly disappointed in their quality.  Bummer.  The conditioner left my hair feeling like straw.  Ugh.  I picked up my go-to brand yesterday and this morning I have luscious locks again.  I wish that I had the receipt for the other stuff - I would so take it back to CVS.  Oh well. 

***

When I was in middle school I was on our neighborhood summer swim team.  I'd get up at 7am, jump on my bike and head to the pool for our 2 hour practice.  I remember those early morning bike rides - the way that the sun was just peeking out around the clouds, the warm sun and cool morning air was refreshing. 

The past few months I have been running at night and when I get to a particular road during my run I am suddenly overcome by the sweet familiar smell of honeysuckle.  For weeks it has bothered me as to why the smell of honeysuckle is so familiar.  Last night, just as I hit mile 2 on my run, it hit me - morning bike rides on the way to swim team practice. 

It's amazing what you can remember.

***

Unless you live under a rock, you've heard that yesterday was Cinco de Mayo.  Purely an American holiday - Mexicans do not even celebrate it!  I think it's funny that we spend so much time, as a nation, trying to be so politically correct about everything and we still celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
But, really, do we actually need a holiday to drink a margarita?   Umm, no.  I don't think so!

Chris and I broke out the margarita machine last night.  This.thing.is.amazeballs.  You can make one serving or three.  You put the ice in the top and the fluid in the pitcher.   Flip the switch and it shaves the ice, deposits it into the pitcher and blends it all together.   Less than 45 seconds later, you have a perfectly mixed margarita.  (Or, a non-alcoholic fruit juice slushy, which is what Cameryn enjoyed last night!)



My sweet husband got this wonderful invention for me for my birthday in 2008.  He redeemed himself after years of crappy birthday gifts (crappy is being nice, more like never received birthday gifts!)  He was so excited to give this to me and I was thrilled to have a big box to open.  There was just one problem - the year that he gave me this, I was pregnant.  Pregnant!  He gave a pregnant woman a margarita machine for her birthday.  Smartass.  So, while I watched everyone down their Patron filled margaritas, I was stuck drinking virgin daiquiris for a few months.  But, don't worry, I've made up for it since then.

***

I was invited to join Cameryn at a "Lady That I Love" lunch at her school today.  My mom is coming too.  Cameryn is so excited, but not that I am coming to lunch.  No, she's excited about my mom coming to lunch.  Mom's are chopped liver compared to Grandma's.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram