A Letter to Jordin on Her First Birthday

12:00 AM

Dear Jordin,

You have been in our lives for an entire year.  From the moment we met, I could feel your gentle soul, your calm disposition.  You surpassed my every expectation.  The first few days we spent staring at each other -me in awe of you, and you studying my face so deliberately.  I couldn't look away.  I never will.

 

 
 
 
I knew that your every first could be the last "first moment" that I experienced and I didn't want to miss it.  You grew so quickly.  I tried and tried to hold you back - to push you over while you tried to crawl, to hold on to your little fingers too long while you tried to walk, but your determination to be independent is stronger than my willingness to let go.
 

 
 
You have an amazing sister, I hope you realize that as you grow older.  Not only does she love you unconditionally but she wants you to thrive.  I pray that the two of you know how special siblings can be.  I pray that you protect each other.  I pray that you always remember that no matter how hard things are, your family will always be there for you.  I pray that you share a bond that no one can break.  No one can make you laugh like she can and you look at her with such wonder, I hope this never changes.



 
 

 
 
 
You have a smile that lights up a room.  Your smile has changed my day for the better more than once.  I pray that your smile is always bright and your laugh loud, that you always find joy.  I pray that you recognize how much good there is in the world and that YOU are very much a part of it.  
 
 
 
 
 
You're silly.  You love to ride in laundry baskets.  You love blankets.  You love animals.  You talk and sing.  You say Uh-Oh! all the time and we laugh because that was Cameryn's first word.  You two are more alike that you will ever realize.  You say Mama, Dada, and Puppa (which is either puppy or Piper, we're not sure.)  You also say dank du (thank you) on occasion.  I'm amazed by you every single day.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Oh, you're a sweet baby, you cuddle and you give kisses and hugs freely.  You blow kisses to complete strangers.  You love like every second is your last.  You give every thing you have to every one you meet.  You teach me how to give more love every single day.

 
 
You changed me.  You have taught me patience.  You have taught me to slow down.  To savor.  To pray more and want less.  To look at the world through the eyes of a child every single day.




Oh, sweet Jordin, with the kind and gentle soul, you have been in my life an entire year and I couldn't imagine a day without you.  I pray for you every single day. I pray that you are amazed and humbled by your God.  I pray that you have a pure and servant heart.  I pray that know kindness, joy, and courage.  I pray that you find peace, that you grow within his grace and you flourish to the best of your ability.  I pray that you overflow with Hope.  





Most of all, I pray that you know love, that you feel it deep within your soul to the heart of your belly.   I pray that you love so much it hurts.  I pray that you know how much I love you, your family loves you, and how much God loves you.  I hope that you never stop believing that this is your home.  Your safe place, where love never leaves, where you'll always have a hug waiting for you, a shoulder to cry on, and a hand to hold. 


I pray that you know that wherever life takes us, you will always be in my heart.  That my love for you is complete but never ending. 

Happy First Birthday, my sweet Jordin. 
You'll always be my baby. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram