Hello, Third Trimester! 28 weeks!

1:34 PM

Size of Baby: About 2.25 lbs, or the size of a small head of cabbage.




Big Sister Cameryn:  She asks, everyday, when her baby sister is coming.  She also tells me, everyday, that I have a "big 'ol belly."

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  +12 Which is, apparently, a lot.  The nurse looked at the scale and then at my chart and said, WOW, you had quite a jump this week (4 whole pounds!)  I explained to her that this was my first 4-wk visit in 13 weeks, so I expected a jump, and she said, well, you've gained quite a bit.  Really, grumpy old nurse lady, really 12 pounds at 28 weeks is a lot?   I told my doctor what the nurse said and she just laughed and said, "Oh, she's definitely having a bad day (at 9am!) but she shouldn't take it out on a pregnant woman."  No kidding.  I might sit on her.

I passed my glucose test (106/140).  And yes, I ate 18 regular sized, non-licorice (you cannot eat the black jelly beans) jelly beans.

What I feel like:

You know when you open a can of biscuits and the dough begins to ooze out of the can?  Yeah.  I feel like an exploding biscuit container.

What I actually look like:




Maternity Clothes: Yes, though at home I'm still wearing regular clothes and I've snagged some of Chris' t-shirts.

Gender: Girl


Movement:  I'm more aware of her awake and sleep times.  I hope that they don't change much when she arrives, because she has a pretty good schedule now!  She kicks me a lot when I am hungry and of course when I am trying to go to sleep.  She thinks that the bed is a heavy bag and kicks my side constantly as soon as I lay down as night!  She also gets the hiccups several times a day.  Cameryn never really had them, she still doesn't get them often. 




Sleep:  I haven't slept well the past week or so.  I've taken some phenergan for nausea and Tylenol PM for the aches and pains, but rolling from left side to right side is getting a little ridiculous.
Symptoms:  I'm pretty sure I'm beginning to waddle, so that's fun.  I've been nauseous a few times, but nothing that a little phenergan can't cure!  My lower back was killing me for a few days.  I'm really trying to concentrate on my posture and to stretch when I can (but there is probably no prenatal yoga in my future!)  I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and I notice them a lot more when I am slowly running or walking.


What I Miss:  Quite a few things... Going out for a long run without feeling like a snail... Being able to shop for cute, summery clothes... Enjoying a cocktail in the evenings on the deck... Not feeling like every muscle and bone in my body is 80 year old... *Sigh*  12 more weeks, 12 more weeks, 12 more weeks...


Cravings:  I have a hard time with food these days.  Nothing sounds very tasty and I find myself grazing.  I eat a lot of fruit, but probably not enough veggies.  Does anyone else have this problem (pregnant or not?!)

Best Moment This Past Week: I caught myself having a total crazy woman pregnant moment and I laughed about it.  I even texted my girlfriends and told them what happened and followed up with a text that said, "Thank you for putting up with my pregnant, crazy ass."  Seriously, because nursery bedding is so not important but something about choosing bedding makes me insane.  I ordered bedding about a month ago but I don't think that my heart was ever really in it and when I received a new catalog over the weekend I fell in love with another set.  So, I called the company and begged that they take my bedding back, even though it was past the 30-day return period and it was a final sale item, they agreed to a return!  I could have hugged that woman through the phone and I might of actually hugged the phone after I hung up.  I sent the bedding back and should have a refund soon so that I can order new bedding.  My husband wasn't thrilled considering that it only took me 3 weeks to decide on a paint color and he was going to paint Monday on his day off.  But, thankfully, he understands that I'm a crazy pregnant woman. 


What I Am Looking Forward To:  The new bedding.  Of course.


Missed the last update? Catch up here.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram