Brain dump.

3:41 PM

I traveled to Greenville again over the weekend.  That makes three weekends in a row that I have been out of town. (You can catch up here and here.)  I went to help my mom buy a new computer, we did, but she was slightly disappointed that it wouldn't be available for pick up until Tuesday morning.  She had hoped that I would be able to set it up for her, but it looks like she's just going to have to do it on her own! 

***

Allergy season has arrived in Columbia.  Poor Cameryn is really having a difficult time this year.  Cameryn was up most of the night on Saturday night thanks to a persistent cough.  She cougehd so much that she finally threw up (all over me!)  I think that I was up, for the day on Sunday, at 3:30am.  I hoped that she would nap on the drive back to Columbia (it's about an hour and fifteen minutes), but no luck.  We were both exhausted by the time that we got home, but she was excited to see her daddy, so a nap was out of the question.  Chris took her to run errands with him for about an hour and I napped and was able to regain some sanity.  Cameryn went to bed at 8pm and was up screaming at 9 because she had coughed until she threw up, in her bed.  Sigh.  Chris gave her a bath while I changed her sheets.  Chris sat with her on the couch for about an hour (so she didn't cough and cough and cough and throw up, again) and she literally passed out mid-sentence. There's not a whole lot that we can do for her other than giving her OTC allergy meds, so she's just going to have to deal with it for now.  Poor thing!

***

Saturday morning I stopped for gas and ran in to grab a cup of coffee and some juice for Cameryn.  As Cameryn and I were walking out of the store, a woman stopped her car, rolled down her window and said, "You are the prettiest pregnant woman that I have seen in awhile!"  Isn't that sweet?!  I was flabbergasted!  It may have been total BS on her part, but it was still a lovely thing to hear.

***

I ran on Friday night with a friend.  I went slow and I actually hated going downhill (it just wasn't comfortable!) and it felt so great to run that I went again last night.  I definitely got my fair share of looks, but it's not like I'm starting a running program from scratch!  I averaged about a 13:30 min mile last night, so it's not like I am running fast.  At all.

Her husband joked that she should have been running behind me, acting like my trainer or something, screaming at me to pick up the pace and to move my fat butt!  So funny.  I totally would have played along.

***

I finally finished going through the boxes and boxes of baby clothes that my SIL gave me, plus all of Cameryn's old clothes.  This child will definitely have her choice of clothing for quite some time!  I also broke down and bought these clothing dividers for her closet.  I hate folding things and I also hate going a million onsies trying to figure out what size is everything is! 

***

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.  I almost 28 weeks, which means that I will start going bi-weekly after this appointment.  I also have to have the dreaded glucose test at my 30 weeks appointment.  I'm not worried about passing it, but I do need to remember to ask if I can eat 20 jelly beans instead of drinking that nasty orange drink!

***

Dear god.  I am 28 weeks pregnant.  12 weeks to go and other than washing some clothes, we've done nothing.  One minute I think that I seriously need to slap some paint on the walls.  Something.  And in the next minute I think, nah!  The baby can sleep in the bassinet in our room for awhile.

***

I'm worried that Cameryn is going to go through an extreme jealous phase when the baby comes.  Lately, she has been acting out if we are not paying her attention 100% of the time - especially when I am on the phone.  I'm not sure if I should even attempt to curtail her behavior more than I already am before the baby comes or just work through it when it happens.  Advice?

I know she's going to be a sweet big sister.  She loved helping Stephanie get William (who is almost 2!) out of the bath and dressed for bed the other night.  I just worry that she's going to be a green eyed monster, that she's not going to feel loved, that she'll hate me forever.  Which, deep down, I know won't happen, but my little mommy heart worries. 

***

Has anyone ever tried Baby Led Weaning?  I've read a lot about it over the past year or so and am seriously considering it for baby. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram