Weekly Update- 25 weeks

11:27 AM

Size of Baby: About a pound and a half. 


Big Sister Cameryn:  She's said multiple times, "I'm so 'cited to see baby J!"  She has also asked multiple times when her baby sister is coming and if it will be soon.  Cam's decided that she would like to give her a rose from our rose bush and a birthday cake when she sees her.  She's going to be such a good big sister and a very big helper - her number one wish?  To help dress her baby sister in jammies.  (It's really important that everyone be in jammies at our house when we are at home.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +7-10. I didn't go to the doctor this week, so I don't have an exact number.  I don't step on our scale at home.  At this point, I'm going to gain no matter what!  Let me explain it to you in picture form.

What I feel like:


What I actually look like:


Please excuse my 3 day unwashed hair.


Maternity Clothes: yes, though at home I'm still wearing regular clothes and I've snagged some of Chris' t-shirts.

Gender: Girl

Movement: She's a mover and a kicker and she especially likes to kick my bladder. She actually does well with her days and nights right now, I hope that it stays that way.


Sleep: Tylenol PM has been my BFF this week.

Symptoms: I've had a lot of pain in my ribcage and at the top of my belly on my right side.  I had the same pain with Cameryn, for about a month.  There's really nothing that the doctor can do, it's not my gallbladder acting up or any other "diagnosible" problem.  I've googled it a few times over the past few days and I'm relieved to see that now so many women experience the same thing.  When I had Cameryn there wasn't a lot of information out there!  I feel like I have a sunburn on the inside of my body and it hurts while sitting, standing, laughing, doing nothing really.  The area is tender to the touch.  The cause?  My ribcage is expanding and my abdominal mucles are tearing and pinching a nerve.  The doctor can give me pain meds, vicodin actually, but I don't feel comfortable taking it since they aren't 100% sure what the effect is on the baby.  Plus, vicodin contains a tad of codiene, which I happen to be allergic too.  So I take that little teaser known as tylenol.  I wrap my ribcage in an ace bandage, because the pressure helps alleviate some of the pain.  The pain is temporary, I know, but wow, I wish it would just go away! 


What I Miss:  Being able to cough, sneeze or laugh without peeing. 

Cravings:  I've been eating a bagel with fruit each morning. I don't know if it's a craving, but they fill me up!

Best Moment This Past Week:  I did a prenatal yoga video to try and stretch out my ribcage.  Did it work?  No.  But, holy cow, the video was hilarious and I laughed a lot, which hurt a lot.  Just check out these awesome yoga unitards!  My husband walked in and said, "Whoa, it's pregnant yoga.  Check out that get up!"   And, can I just say that child's pose is NOT comfortable while pregnant.  It's just not.


What I Am Looking Forward To:  We're going to Charlotte this weekend to see my BFF.  I cannot wait to hug her face!  This will be one of the last trips to see our friends since we have plans most weekends from here on out. 


Missed the last update? Catch up here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram