Weekly Update: 18 weeks

11:03 AM

Size of Baby: 5 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and about 7 ounces. Roughly the size of an bell pepper.



Big Sister Cameryn:  She cried when we told her that the baby's name would not be Ella.  I felt so bad for her, but I also know that when the baby comes it will be fine. 
 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +5  WOW!  It was a big jump this week!  I blame it on the nausea going away and finally being able to finally keep food down!
 

 
Maternity Clothes: Mostly pants.  I can still get away with wearing non-maternity shirts.
Gender: Girl
 
Movement: Yes, especially mid day. 
 
Sleep:  I haven't been sleeping well this week.  I think my body is trying to adjust to falling asleep on its own after taking phenergan for so many weeks!
 
Symptoms:  I'm still fighting a cold and was told to hold out one more week and then they will give me a Z-Pack.  I (still) have a complete previa. The doctor is not that concerned but obviously it will be an issue around 28 weeks if it remains that way.  I'm still going for weekly cervical length measurements, but since my cervix is actually getting longer, I'm not sure that they are necessary!
 
What I Miss:  Being able to wear different clothes week to week.  I'm actually getting tired of wearing the same pants over and over and over.
 
Cravings:  I've enjoyed pizzza this week since I haven't been able to eat it for months!  However, today my body is craving some fresh veggies.
 
Best Moment This Past Week:  We have a name! 
 
What I Am Looking Forward To: Beginning to clean out the baby's room and order bedding.  I also have to decide if I want to sell Cameryn's nursery furniture and purchase a new-to-me crib and dresser and have the changing table refinished.  I feel like I want something 'new' with this baby. 
 
Missed the last update? Catch up here. (Yes, I skipped week 17.  Oops!)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram