Tuesday Tidbits

1:54 PM

I made my own Febreeze last night and I may or may have not walked around smelling my house with a smile on my face because I love the smell of dryer sheets.  I don't know where I saw the "recipe" or if it's on Pinterest, but it was really easy.  I used an old Febreeze bottle and added 2T of baking soda, 2T of liquid Downey fabric softener, and filled the bottle with hot water, then shake.  I then walked around spraying my entire house.  I might of sprayed the dog, too.  Oops, at least he smells so fresh and so clean.

***

I know this one is on Pinterest... Since I had out the box of baking soda, I added a tablespoon to a few pumps of face wash.  Whoever posted it said it's supposed to be just as good as microderm abrasion, the verdict (mine) is still out on that one.  Oh, the little things that you can find on Pinterest!

***

Speaking of face wash, I am a habitual user of Neutrogena, but I received a gift card to Bare Escentuals for Christmas (LOVE!) and I purchased a bottle of their Purifying Face Wash and Purely Nourishing Face Lotion, both of which I really like.  They don't dry my face out like some products and they aren't too greasy, either.  Will I continue to buy them?  I think I'd like too, but I also think that will depend on how many more gift cards I receive!!

***

I think my girl is going to be a runner. The past few weeks Cameryn has asked us if we can go for a run on the weekends or after we get home from work.  We go for a run around the block, which is a little more than a quarter of a mile. Her little legs just go, go, go and when we get home she acts as if it was nothing. I love her energy and wish I could bottle it up and save it for the last few weeks of pregnancy.

***

I received the book Heaven is For Real as a gift for Christmas.  Has anyone else read it or heard of it?  The book was a quick read and I enjoyed it.  While it's not a book that I would have purchased for myself, it was definitely thought provoking yet comforting at the same time.  I also received the children's illustrated book, but it's not something that I think is appropriate for Cameryn right now. 

Here's the description:

"Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready there is a coming last battle."

***

I've watched a few cartoons lately on Nick Jr. and I've been wondering a few things.  What kind of animal is Wubzy?  Where are Kai-lan and Max and Ruby's parents?  My husbands theory on Max and Ruby is a bit far fetched.  Real bunnies don't live with their parents, so Max and Ruby don't either.  My question back to him was, do they still see their grandparents? 

***

I walked through Babies R Us with a friend of mine, who is also pregnant, the other day.  I'm always surprised to see how many new products are on the market and how many products are just ridiculous.  I will say that I am a tad bit disappointed that I am not having a boy, just because I've always wanted to buy one of those pee-pee-tee-pee's.  Don't ask me why, I just think they are hilarious.

***

I have settled on bedding for Baby Girl.  This makes me really excited.  The thought of actually clearing out the office, finding a new space for all the stuff, and re-painting makes me want to kick rocks.  I wish I was Mary Poppins and I could snap my fingers or wiggle an eyebrow and it would be done.

***

I don't like crunchy cookies.  At all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram