Gone Runnin'

11:21 AM

Before I forget, Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha + hazelnut coffee = Christmas in a cup. Just sayin'.



This week can best be described as "Gone Running."  I stared a training plan for a half marathon (which I probably will not run!) and my legs are tired.  I like to run and would do it here and there for fun, but now I find myself looking forward to my run every night, making goals for each split, and then trying to beat the split before.  Last night, I realized that I am an idiot, I went too fast out of the box and was forced to slow down on mile two, I even walked the hills!  Argh.  I let my head get in the way, thinking that I could pace myself for 4 miles the same that I would for 2 miles, and I ended up pushing myself through 4 pitiful miles.  Lesson learned!

Here's the re-cap for week 1 of my training plan:

Monday - 3 miles
Tuesday- 2 miles + strength
Wednesday- 3 miles (my second split was 8:56!)
Thursday- I opted for wine, pizza and cake for my Dirty Thirty.
Friday-  2 miles
Saturday- Swimming + strength
Sunday- 4 miles

Today I am planning on a light workout of yoga or pilates to stretch my super tired muscles  (I'm sure that those who know me well are gasping because me doing yoga is like asking a toddler to sit and be quiet!) and will hopefully be prepared for a short and sweet 3 miles tomorrow.

I'm going to do this.  I will complete this program.  The extra push when I am tired, or feel like my lungs will burst will pay off in the end!

My inspiration for the week: 
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram