TGIF!

10:36 AM

This week I've felt tired, stressed, grumpy, and basically in my own little la-la land where life isn't full of rainbows, unicorns, and unlimited ice cream that doesn't attach itself to your ass just by looking at it.  My kid has done nothing but whine.  My husband has been more than helpful, but mostly just his smart ass self.  My house is a mess, which really gets under my OCD skin.  The walls are still covered in painters tape (we painted living room and kitchen two weeks ago and it needs a second coat.)  The stuff that goes on the walls has found a new home in the office.  The office.  Don't even get me started on the office.  The office is the dump-all.  I don't go in there.  When it comes time to clean it, I will happily drive my husbands mess to the dump. 

***

Chris's great-great Aunt Kathryn passed away.  She was 109.  Can you imagine living for 109 years and the stories that you could tell?!  We saw her in April, a few weeks before her birthday and she was fanastic. She was excited that she was given some butter rum life savers because they were the closest thing to alcohol that she could get.  Aunt Kathryn loved scotch, which she was forced to give up at the ripe age of 107.  When asked to what she attributed her longevity, she always replied, "Well, I never married!"  HA!
God Bless you Aunt Kathryn, you're a gem!

***

Last night I had to get out of the house so I went where everything makes sense.  I went for a run.  One foot in front of the other.  Music up.  Light rain coming down.  Sweat pouring.  When I came back, I felt better, like life wasn't spinning around me out of control, I was standing center.




Today, I'm better, and today, this makes sense:




TGIF!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram