Weekend Review

2:36 PM

Sorry for my absence last week.  Cameryn was sick Monday and Tuesday.  
Let's just say that Eye drops+ 2 year old+ Parent Chasing 2 year old = Screaming Freak Show
Sigh. I am so, so glad that we are done with eye drops... at least she likes the taste of amoxicillian!
I'm not sure what I did for the other 5 days, but I did something

*** 

The weekend was nice.  Saturday was hot and I knew as soon as I woke up that I did not want to spend it inside (even though I am not a fan of hot and humid weather.)  Since Cameryn was feeling much better bouncing off the walls I decided to take her to the park.  She loves going to the park.  Swinging, sliding, chasing butterflies, jumping in the creek, playing in dirt - it's every kids dream.  She hates leaving the park and after 2 hours, she was pooped and had a full "Idon'twannagohome!" meltdown until we pulled into the driveway and she realized that she didn't have a choice because she was already home.


Miss Independent


Please ignore her white "soccer shoes".  Yes, I hate them.

Wheeeeeeeee!

The "blue morpho Diego" butterfly that chased us around.


Nap time was glorious.
The sunshine was still going strong when we woke up so we headed out.  Cameryn wanted to feed the ducks at the pond but the ducks were no where to be found.  We gave the cheezits to the fish instead.  Cameryn was mesmerized by the group of guys fishing in our neighborhood pond.  They were catching small grim fish and asked to see each and every one that they caught!  She would touch it and say, "Hi fish!  Hi!  Ew!  Cold!  Slimy!"  So funny!  We are definitely going to get her a little fishing rod. 
Next up was a ride around the block on her little car.




She gets to park in the garage while my car is banned outside and covered in pollen!


Next up- more swinging!



I was more tired than she was on Saturday.  I'm sure of it.

Sunday morning was misty and cool.  Chris was off work and headed out to mow the lawn so Cam and I had a lazy morning inside cleaning.

I wanted to go for a run on the dam, so I ran while Chris and Cameryn walked for a little bit and then headed down to the water's edge to wait for me.  I'm not a fast runner by any means, but I do enjoy it.  That's all that matters, right?

See that group of women in the picture?  Only one of the four had on walking shoes.  One lady was even wearing crocs with the fuzzy lining - my feet hurt just thinking about walking 4 miles with crocs on!  OUCH!


I could get used to a view like this.  Such a good morning for a run!



We had dinner with our friends last night.  We normally have Friday night dinner dates with them, but postponed until Sunday since we both had family plans on Friday.  Bad idea.  The girls were whiny and tired.  The baby was happy and tired.  I had a migraine.  By the time Stephanie got home (she's a nurse) we had a quick dinner and I had to leave before my head exploded and they had to pick up brain matter off of their floor.  Seriously, it was that bad.  We're definitely sticking to Friday nights!

This week is a short work week for me.  (I worked 3 days last week.  Will work 2 this week and 4 next week.  Employee of the month!  Right here!)  We're traveling to PA on Wednesday and returning on Sunday.  I am looking forward to seeing his family but know that Saturday will be a difficult day for all of us at his grandfather's memorial.

Cameryn has never had a car ride longer than 6 hours so this should be interesting.  Any tips?  We've got a DVD player for her and I picked up an animal video months ago that she has never seen.  I have a difficult time reading in the car so I am only taking picture books for her to 'read'.  Coloring supplies are ready to go.  I know she's going to go stir crazy.  I will too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram