Cameryn-isms

9:17 AM

When:  Saturday
Where:  At McDonald's, waiting for Grandma to finish up at church

Me:  Cameryn, we need to sit down and eat before you can go play.  Would you like to say our prayer?
Cameryn:  Yes.
[Prayer finished.]
Cameryn:   Oh no!  Mommy!  THOSE PEOPLE ARE EATING AND THEY DIDN'T SAY '"GOD, THE FATHER!"  THEY HAVE TO SAY "GOD THE FATHER" BEFORE THEY EAT.  GO TELL THEM, MOMMY!  GO TELL THEM!

***

When:  Sunday
Where:  Church

Me:  Cameryn, we're going to go up to the front of the church for communion.  Mommy and Grandma are going to get bread and a little cup but you will not be able to get one.  Pastor is going to put his hand on your head and give you a blessing.
Cameryn:  Okay, Mommy.

[after communion]
Tears.  Lots and lots of Tears.

Me:  Cameryn, why are you crying?  Are you sad?
Cameryn:  Yes.  I don't want him to bless me.  I didn't sneeze.

***

When:  Monday night before bed
Where:  Home

Cameryn:  Are you happy, Mommy?
Me:  Yes, Cameryn!  I am so happy.  I love you.
Cameryn:  Oh, Mommy, I am so glad, because I loves you so much.

My heart melted.  I love that kid.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram