The News

9:20 AM

My brother got hitched. 

My brother, who a few years ago was teetering on the edge of self-destruction and complete mayhem...  My brother, who is totally rock and roll and beer and tattoos...  My brother, who is always the wedding singer and never the groom.  My brother, who we never thought would ever grow up and have a family - eloped!

He and the wife drove up to Asheville, NC and got married.  MARRIED!  They went to courthouse, filled out their paperwork, and were told that the magistrate had already left for the day and that if they wanted to get married that they had to go to the jail.  The jail.  (Can you freaking imagine?  It's one thing to elope, but to have the ceremony in the county jail when you aren't even incarcerated?  That little tidbit may have sent the family over the edge.)  Thank god, I repeat, thank god that the magistrate was walking out at the same time that they were because he did end up performing the ceremony at the courthouse.  To celebrate their union they went and got tattoos.  They both got Elvis's initials tattooed on their hands, because they were "takin' care of business."  What did they do for their honeymoon?  They attended the Social Distortion concert.  I seriously couldn't have imagined it any other way. 

I cannot wait to see the pictures.  They're priceless, I'm sure of it.  I can't help but be slightly saddened that I wasn't able to attend and be a part of their day.  But, I understand that getting married is about the bride and the groom and what they want, not what everyone else envisions for them.  And actually, my brother eloping doesn't come as a huge surprise to me.  We have always joked with him that he would get married in Vegas with Elvis performing the ceremony or that R2-D2 would be the best man and the wedding song would be Darth Vader's Imperial March. 

Congratulations, Zach and Tina!  Love you guys!


(Oh, and did I mention that my mom doesn't know yet??  Oh yes, my friends, this could get interesting.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram