Statistics and Such

9:53 AM

The virus is a loser.  The doctor said that Cameryn's throat looks a lot better (but not 100%normal) and that we should be on the mend now.  Cameryn cried and covered her mouth up with her hands as soon as we pulled up to the doctor's office yesterday.  Poor girl, she really thought that they were going to swab her mouth again.  She didn't stop crying until we were checking out and I told her that she could have some Smarties on the way home.  Those tiny pastel colored candies cure tears.  Just like I suspected, she is bigger than the "average" two year old.

Weight:  29lbs  (76%)
Height:  36 1/2 inches (98%)
Head:    64% 
Clothes:  2T shirts, 3T pants
Shoes:  6.5

Honestly, I know that these statistics don't matter, but sometimes I wonder if she will eventually "thin out."  Don't get me wrong, she's not overweight and I love that she is sturdy and strong, but, deep down, I secretly hope that this "thinning out" happens by the time that she gets to kindergarten.  See, I wasn't the thin kid.  I was always chunky and my friends were like sticks.  As I got older, I wasn't the pretty girl or the popular girl, but oddly enough my friends were.  I was that girl who was nice enough to talk to, but not pretty enough or skinny enough to really be considered part of the popular crowd. 
And I don't want that for my child. 
I don't want her to feel like she's not good enough or skinny enough or pretty enough.  I don't want her self esteem to suffer, I know how that is and sometimes I still struggle with it. 
I want her to know that she is awesome in every sense of the word.  That eventually being popular doesn't matter.  That being a woman is powerful and that the whole world is full of possibilities.  I want her to be humble, but strong.  I want her to be a part of something that is larger than herself, to make a difference.  I want her to stand up for herself and what she believes in and live it.  I want her to show kindness and compassion to those who are less fortunate than her.  I want her to be able to cry on my shoulder and know that no matter what happens that she can always come home.  I guess what it boils down to is that I want her to be better than me.  And that's not so bad, because I'm pretty awesome too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram