How Sweet It is!

4:02 PM

I  was the lucky mom who was signed up to make 24 treat bags for the Valentine's party.  I struggle with treat bags because so often they are filled with junk that gets thrown into the nearest trash can.  Cameryn and I decided that each bag would have a pencil, a small container of bubbles, and a candy-coated marshmallow.  I love the marshmallows, they turned out so cute and very tasty, and I think I'll be doing more of these for holidays!

Here's what you need to make ~30 Candy Coated Marshmallows:

1 bag of the Campfire Marshmallows (the really, really big ones!  I found them at Wal-Mart)
2 bags of Wilton Candy Melts
2 jars of sprinkles
Lollipop sticks

1.  Insert the lollipop sticks in the marshmallows, place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.



  

2.  Melt the candy melts, I used pink, in a glass dish. 



3. Dip the marshmallows in the melted candy.  Be sure to let the excess drip back into the melted candy!

4. Add sprinkles.





5. Let them cool and gently peel from the wax paper.





The entire process took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

For the treat bags, I used small Wilton treat bags to hold the bubbles and inserted the pencil (eraser side down), then used a twist tie to seal them.  I didn't want them to touch the marshmallow.


We used these larger Wilton bags to hold the marshmallow and the small treat bag and tied it off with some curling ribbon.



Since the bag of marshmallows contains about 30 pieces, I wrapped up the extra marshmallows in individual bags for her teachers.  Total cost for 24 bubbles, pencils, the bags and all of the marshmallow supplies was about $12.   

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram