TGIF.

10:06 AM

TGIF.  Really.  And thank heavens for a 3-day weekend. 

Yesterday I had a monster headache.  I fully intended on making dinner for myself and Cameryn (Chris was working late) but discovered that my tortellini was bad so I tossed it and ordered a pizza.  Cameryn wasn't exactly in the best mood nor did she accessorize with her listening ears yesterday (she was in time out when I picked her up from school - a first for her) and I needed a break.  So, I threw some glow sticks in the bathtub, thinking that would captivate her for at least a half hour so I could sit and rest.  Oh. hell. no.  Bathtime was abruptly cut off with an epic preschooler meltdown, over soap of all things, and she was promptly sent to bed at 7:20pm.  I took two teasers tylenol and some nausea meds and I was in bed and asleep by 8:30pm.  I don't feel like a new person today, but I am glad that the headache is gone. 

***

I am 23 weeks pregnant and am feeling like a whale, already.  Yes, I realize that you "pop" earlier with your second child, but still.  It's ridiculous.

Pregnancy makes you so vain.  I'm not one of those glowing pregnant women.  I, actually, really dislike being pregnant.  Yes,blah blah blah- it's a miracle that you can grow a human and the body does amazing things, I totally agree.  I also realize that this seems really shallow and that some women who are struglling to get pregnant would like to punch me right now.  But it doesn't change the fact that I do not like being pregnant.  I don't feel attractive, I feel fat.  I don't have a cute little bump, I have a basketball.  I'm already uncomfortable, at 5 months.  I hate peeing every 20 minutes.  I hate feeling nauseous. 

The "after" part of pregnancy doesn't really bother me.  No, I don't have the body that I had before, but I don't blame it on being pregnant. I blame it on getting older and simply being lazy because let's face it ladies, we are not the same women we were in high school and we need to stop trying to be that way.  If I hear one more person tell me that they were skinny in high school I might go full on crazy!  No, I don't mind the after part of being pregnant because babies are squishy and sweet and I cannot wait to meet our little nugget.  But the journey to get there... Big, huge dislike.

***

Do you ever have days when you don't want to be anyone's 'person?'  (Yes, I just did a total Grey's Anatomy reference.)  As in, you just don't want to hear about any other problems or issues or bitching in general?  This week has been like that for me.  I don't want to be a 'person' for anyone this week, other than myself.  But *sigh* it doesn't always work that way... because I am The 'Person' for people that I adore and I have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it because I love them.  And they have issues and need to get it all out there and need hugs and love, too. 

***

I want to do The Color Run in Charlotte, NC in October.  Anyone want to join me?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram