Balloon Wreath

8:49 AM

I wanted to make most of Cameryn's birthday decor since we are going with a rainbow theme and it seemed pretty easy to make colorful party stuff.  (although she's really pushed for princess everything!)  The party is tomorrow and I can proudly say that my balloon wreath is complete.

To make the wreath, you'll need:

  • A medium sized Styrofoam wreath (I picked up mine from Michael's)
  • Balloons- I used about 200 total, both large and medium sizes
  • Floral pins (I got mine at Wal-mart, $1 for 100!  I used almost 2 packs.)
  • Curling Ribbon- I cheated here.... I bought the premade ribbons that you would just stick on a package and cut it into two pieces.
From start to finish it took me about an hour.




Place the balloon or ribbon on the wreath and secure with a floral pin.  Lather, rinse, repeat. 
Over and over and over...  I got annoyed with using one floral pin per balloon and I used two balloons or a balloon and a piece of ribbon for one floral pin.


See the floral pin?



Side view. Looks a little bare, huh? But it's not even half way done! 


View from the top!


I was worried that the balloons wouldn't cover the ugly green styrofoam and I started thinking that maybe I should have wrapped the wreath in (fabric) ribbon first.  When complete, I couldn't even see the styrofoam!  I guess you could if you wanted a more complete look from behind, but since no one will see the back of the wreath, I am not concerned.



 Here's the final product!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram