Weekly Update - 31 weeks

6:00 AM

Size of Baby: According to BabyCenter, baby girl weighs as much as four naval oranges.







Big Sister Cameryn:  She has asked multiple times if the baby will hurt me.  I tell her yes, but that I will be okay and that the doctor will make sure that I am safe and healthy.  She's still not too sure about me staying in the hospital for a few days.  I've never left her overnight!




Total Weight Gain/Loss: +16 





Maternity Clothes: Yes, though at home I'm still wearing regular clothes and I've snagged some of Chris' t-shirts.

Gender: Girl (and yes, we do have a name!)

Movement: She's moving all the time but she definitely isn't as active as Cameryn was (thankfully!) Sometimes her bony elbows and knees scrape across my belly and it hurts! She gets the hiccups at least four times a day. My whole belly jiggles and shakes when she moves around and it's fun to watch.


Sleep:  I haven't been sleeping well.  I tend to roam from place to place throughout the night trying to stay comfortable.  Some nights I sleep on the couch because I can prop my hip up on the back cushion and kinda sleep on my back!  I'm growing tired of sleeping on my side and I wake up with sore hips in the morning, no matter how many pillows I use!

Symptoms:  Nausea when I am really tired.  I have had some inconsistent contractions, but am dilated to 1cm with a soft cervix and am going to weekly appointments.  Nothing to be concerned about, yet, since I could stay this way for weeks.  Overall, I still feel well and I feel as if I still have a lot of energy, but I do get tired around 8pm and want to go to bed!

What I Miss:  The weather has been beautiful and I've really wanted to run.  But lately running has been out of the question because with each step that I take I feel like I might pee myself!


Cravings:  None.  I stand in front of the fridge and pantry and think to myself, "Nothing sounds good."
Best Moment This Past Week:    Cleaning up the nursery and putting more things away. I feel like I have done a million loads of laundry trying to wash all of Cameryn's old baby things!  I've also been browsing online trying to find some cute wall hangings and a mirror.  I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is in my future!

What I Am Looking Forward To:  Hopefully putting the crib together... but that woudl require crib hardware.  We cannot find it anywhere!  Argh!


Missed the last update? Catch up here.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram