Weekly Update: 38 Weeks

10:12 AM

Size of Baby:  According to BabyCenter, baby girl is about 6 1/2 lbs.  I really have no idea how big she actually is.  I haven't had an ultrasound and my doctor hasn't estimated either.



Big Sister Cameryn:  She is so ready to be the big sister.  She tells me at least once a day that baby sister needs to come out soon because my belly is giant, my shirts are getting too small, and the longer that she stays in there the bigger my belly will get. 



Total Weight Gain/Loss: +16, I've lost two pounds in the past two weeks.  I have no explanation for it as I am eating, eating, eating!




Maternity Clothes:  Yes.  Definitely.  And I am growing tired of them.



Gender:  Girl



Movement:  She's definitely slowed down but I don't feel as if she's dropped yet.  Occasionally she hangs out low and gives my cervix a few good punches but for the most part she's high and quiet.



Sleep:  I'm sleeping okay.  I usually take something to help me sleep but even then I don't always sleep all night. I get up at least once to use the bathroom and a few times a week I am up between 4:30-5am and wide awake.



Symptoms:  I have a giant belly.  I can barely see my toes.  I pee a lot.  I have one stretch mark.  But otherwise?  I'm not terribly uncomfortable.  I don't have any swelling, reflux, or sore boobs.  I'm lucky.  But, it's also a curse as I am, apparently, too healthy, and not a candidate for induction according to my doctor.  What kind of crap is that?  Too healthy.  My doctor told me that I am a picture of perfect health.  I told him that he might see my picture on CNN if this baby doesn't come out soon!



What I Miss:  Sleeping on my back.  A cold margarita. (Yes, seriously.  Summer is here!)



Cravings:  I've been eating a lot of fresh fruit, blueberries and raspberries for the win!  And donuts.  Lots and lots of donuts.   I figured that I might as well enjoy them now because in a few weeks it will be nothing but healthy food.



Best Moment This Past Week:  Packing our bags for the hospital.  Not that I need one because she seems to be pretty comfortable this week... but at least I'm ready.



What I Am Looking Forward To:  Becoming a family of four. 



Missed the last update?  Catch up here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram