A Baby Shower for Baby Sister

10:05 AM

My girlfriends gave me a baby shower a few weeks ago.  I was definitely not expecting one but I am so grateful for any excuse for all of us to get together and talk shit about people spend some time together.  My girlfriend, Nicole, from Atlanta was able to make the drive up too, but somehow we didn't get a pic together.  We even had a little facetime action with Jess.  I love my girlfriends and I love that our girls will be going to kindergarten at the same time!   

Jenn, Janette, me, and Stephanie

Stephanie is truly a crazy woman.  She and her husband were celebrating their five year anniversary on a cruise all week and they docked in Charleston on Saturday at 7am and she held the shower, at her house, at 4pm that day!  Janette and Jenn provided most of the food and it was incredibly yummy. Janette made some kind of cheesy dip and I couldn't get enough of it. She told me not to ask what was in it, so I didn't!  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the decor or the food, but Stephanie discovered Etsy for the first time and went all out with pink and yellow elephant decor!  The baby's room has taken on an elephant theme with the bedding that I finally settled on.  We have also received a few elephant themed gifts from my mom, including a super cute wicker elephant table!  Since most of our family was in town for Cameryn's graduation earlier that day, the timing of the shower worked out perfectly.  The kids helped me open gifts, which they loved.  I laughed because when we got a chance to go through them the next day, there were a lot of things that I didn't see.

Whitney, Cameryn and Madison



Stephanie




Bryce


Cameryn had at least 4 cupcakes during the shower.  People (ahem, Janette!) would say, "Oh you're going to be the big sister!  Have a cupcake!"  So she did.  The poor girl was so sick the next day!




I laugh when I see these pictures!  William and Izabell are a year apart but William loved her.  He chased her, on his hands and knees, and tried to smother her in kisses.  He would not stop and poor Izzy wanted nothing to do with him!  Stephanie had to pry him away!




I loved being able to spend this time with our friends and family.  We are so thankful for each and every one of them and we cannot wait for them to meet baby sister! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram