All dolled up. Or not.

10:03 AM

I went to a Thirty-One Party last night.  I got all dolled up and Cameryn told me that I was beautiful.  I had on real clothes, not just yoga pants and a top.  I had on mascara and, GASP!  Lipstick!  I wore pretty earrings and a matching bracelet.  Nothing special.

My poor child.  She thinks that skinny jeans, boots, a tunic and some sparkely baubles are beautiful.  Sadly, this is probably normal attire for most mom's who go to an office everyday.

I don't.  I work from home 3-4 days a week and on the days I do venture to the office, I certainly don't get dolled up like I did last night.  I'm an office of one when I am there so dressing up just to go check on a space isn't really worth it.  Currently, I'm sitting at my desk at home in pjs, wrapped up in a blanket, with a steaming cup of coffee. 
I may, or may not shower today.  It really depends if I workout or not.
I will not wash my hair. 
I will brush my teeth at least 3x.
I will not put on any makeup.
I will change my clothes (only because I have to pick up the girls from daycare.)

I have mixed feelings about this little life that I have created for myself.  Working at home does have its advantages - I do not spend money on work clothes.  I only use one tank of gas every two weeks.  I can do things around the house throughout the day and spend more time with my kids at night.  I can cook lunch on the stove and not eat leftovers or a sandwhich everyday.  I can sleep in most mornings.

However, I don't meet new people.  I'm not making any new work connections around town (I work with exisiting client accounts and most are in a different state.)  I don't attend any work functions or holiday parties (hello, office of ONE!) I don't get dressed up often and when I do I get seriously giddy about it. 

Giddy about jeans, a tunic, and boots.  Giddy about sparkly baubles and lipstick.

I 'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  I go back and forth as to whether or not I should get up, shower, and put on real clothes for the days that I work at home.  I wonder if it would make me more productive.  I wonder if I would treat myself differently.  I wonder if I would look in the mirror and say "Damn girl!  You're hot."

And then I remember my ass looks pretty good in yoga pants.  I don't do a lot of my own laundry.  I can run on the treadmill at my own leisure and see my stay at home mom friends a little more often.  I don't have to go outside in morning, when its so frekaing cold, because Chris can take the girls to daycare. 

This little life that I have, it isn't so bad.

If only I could ditch this work thing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram