A Letter to Cameryn on Her Fourth Birthday

6:00 AM

Dear Cameryn,

Four.  Almost one whole hand.  You, sweet girl, you are a force to be reckoned with.  You are so strong willed and I pray that you stay that way.  You don't back down from anything and I love that about you.  But, I also pray that you learn to fail, that you learn the hard way, because sometimes its the only way that you can understand.



You still love animals and if you could bring all of them home to take care of, you would.  You are so kind to people that you know and to new people that you meet.  You try, so hard, to be a good friend.  You have grown up so fast this year as you have learned how to become a big sister.  You tell us that it's hard to be a big sister but that you love her.





I have been telling you daily an important lesson that I learned from a book, that you are kind, you are smart, and you are important, and most importantly, that I love you.  And now, you tell that to your sister.  You love her so much and I am so proud of you for the sister that you have become and the love that you share.  I know one day that you two will have a bond that I will not understand, and I cannot wait for the days that I hear the two of you giggling together.

You laugh so much.  You have a smile that lights up a room.  You are such a comedian.  But you are also a sassy little thing. 



We talk about Jesus together and you still call the church "Jesus' castle."  I laugh each and every time.  I pray for you daily. I pray that you grow to be amazing, loving, humble, and awestruck by God. I pray that he continues to give you strength.




You are four.  And you are mine, my first love.  The one who taught me what parenting is all about.  The one who has lived through my parenting strengths and failures.  I still love you at first sight. 



The world is yours.
Happy Fourth Birthday, Cameryn.
You'll always be my best friend.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram