SUYL - These are a few of my favorite (beauty) things!

3:09 PM

I love SUYL posts - where else can you go find tons and tons of fun products to try out?  I'll admit that I'm a bit of a (cheap) product junkie.  I don't spend a ton of money on my beauty regime, mostly because I get bored with the same products all the time.  I usually have 3-4 bottles of different kinds of shampoo and conditioner and rotate thru them to find out which combination works best.  Right now I am using Suave Keratin Infusion Shampoo and Dove Intense Therapy Conditioner.  Both leave my hair smelling really clean and also pretty smooth.  Are they keepers?  I'm not sure yet!



For my face at night, I love Bare Escentuals Purifying Facial Cleanser.  At $20 it is a little pricey, but I've had the same bottle for seven months now, washing my face only at night.  You only need a small amount each time you wash.  It really has changed my skin.
 
 

I also use Bare Escentuals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer.  Once again, a bit pricey at $28 but the fomula is light and contains SPF (both are imperative in the humid SC climate!)



 
In the morning and after workouts, I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash.  I've used this orange stuff for years and I doubt I'll ever stop!  It doesn't dry out my skin and it leaves my skin feeling really refreshed.



I tried a tester at Target and now I'm hooked on Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion.  Not only does it smell yummy it doesn't have any yucky ingredients.  My skin looks and feels healthy.  I was a long time user of Aveeno lotion but I always felt so sticky after applying it.  This lotion isn't sticky.


For makeup, I have two staples.  One is L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara,   I won't use any other brand than L'Oreal.  I've tried and tried but everything flakes off into my contacts.  I also like the original L'Oreal Voluminous formula in the gray tube.  What I like most about these formulas is the brush.  I really dislike the thin, rubbery brushes and prefer them to be a little more 'hairy'.  The thin ones tend to make my lashes clump.




The second is Cover Girl Tapesty Taupe eyeshadow, it looks very natural and for $3, I don't feel like I need to use it every single day in order to get my money's worth before it goes bad.  Because let's be honest, I don't wear makeup every single day.

 So, there you have it.  I'm no beauty queen, but at least I found what works!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram