Piper has arrived!

11:38 AM

My days are full.  My heart is full.  My house is once again chaotic.  I've only lost my mind a few times in the past week.  I'd say that deserves a drink of its' own.  We have spent a lot of time outside thanks to the awesome weather.  That helps to curb the chaos.



We picked up Piper from the airport on Friday.  For Cameryn, it was love at first sight.



Piper is half Boston Terrier and half French Bulldog.  She's wiggling and chewing and acting like all puppies do.  We haven't had a puppy in over ten years so the last few days have been really interesting.  The amount of energy she has is exhausting.  Piper and Jordin didn't get along at first, especially since Piper liked to leap frog her, but they're growing to like each other.  Especially since they're both teething.  Puppy toys and baby toys look and feel very similar for growing teeth.  Sorry for blurry pics.  They both move faster than my phone can handle!

I took Piper to the vet.  In my car.  I've never had a dog in my car as I have a four door sedan and our 100+lb dogs could not safely ride along.  Piper was a nice companion and I probably had a too-goofy grin on my face most of the way.

 
 
I took Cameryn to see Disney on Ice.  We had amazing second row floor seats and we were probably 5-10ft from the ice.  Cameryn had the best time and was completely enthralled with the show.  I thought she was going to come out of her chair when all of the princesses and their prince came out at the end.  Her eyes were as big as saucers.  She was disappointed that all of the princess stories weren't included (they told only the Tiana, Cinderella, and Rapunzel stories) but she loved it and hasn't stopped talking about it since.  

 
Jordin turned 10 months on Sunday.  This smile.  I hope it always stays this big.
 

 
 
I went for a run outside, which I haven't done in quite some time.  I rocked it.  9:03 for mile one and 8:55 mile two.  Negative split!  And if I could figure out how to show my splits from my Garmin, I would.  I was so freaking sore the next day.  But I can see small changes in my body.  A little less jiggle here, some definition there.  MILF status is in my future.
 
 
 
I may have a slight addiction to spray paint.  I have spray painted lamps, doorknobs, and ugly, rubber, black outdoor door mats.  Little things make a big difference.  Chris wasn't a huge fan of the lamps but they're growing on him (okay, probably not.  But he'll get over it.)
 

 
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram