Lately.

3:14 PM

I didn't intend to let the blog go dark.  I haven't even had a lot of time to read all of the blogs in my reader, my phone says I have 163 blogs to check.  YIKES!

Lately...

We've had visitors during the weekend.  My best friend came to visit and she's expecting her first child.  I am SO unbelievably excited and cannot wait to meet Baby H.  This child is going to be a beauty. 

My in-laws came this past weekend.  They were kind enough to let Chris and I go out on a date on Saturday night.  So what did we do?  We test drove cars.  I love my little car but we keep looking at SUVs because it would be nice to drive around town without Cameryn's foot in my back.  We'd also like the option to take my vehicle on trips instead of always putting the miles on his vehicle.  Not sure when we'll buy but at least we're getting a better idea of what we are interested in. 
We also went to dinner and had a beer and make goo-goo eyes at each other and reminded ourselves that we're pretty cool people outside of our roles as parents.

Lately....

I've been working on my fitness.  I am loving interval workouts lately.  Here's the one that I did this morning:

10 min cardio
1 min speed skaters
1 min high knees
1 min squat jumps
1 min jumping jacks
1 min standing elbows to knees
Repeat 2x

Some of my favorites fitness blogs are Mama Laughlin, Skinny Meg, and PB Fingers.  I also read a few running blogs that keep me laughing:  Hungry Runner Girl, Skinny Runner, and Meals and Miles.  I may not read all the blogs in my reader everyday, but I do find the time to read these blogs every.single.day to keep me motivated.

I'm not sure if I've lost weight, that's not really my goal.  I need to tone.  My kangaroo pouch needs to GO.  You can find me and my fitness adventures on Twitter and Instagram, or by searching #operationsmallerass (that Jess created.)

Lately...

The baby has been sick and I've been pretty sleep deprived.  She ran fever off and on for two weeks, was tested for flu and RSV and finally was diagnosed with an ear infection.  Thank goodness it was an ear infection because I can "fix" that.  She's back to being her normal, smiley, happy self.  She just poops a lot more.  Thank you, augmentin.

Jordin is also trying to crawl.  She's almost there, she goes backwards, but cannot quite figure out how to maker her arms and legs go forward at the same time.  I'm totally okay with this.  She'll be 8 months on Thursday and I'm definitely okay with her not being mobile yet.  Mainly for my own sanity.  I really don't want to have to hear Cameryn yell a million times that Jordin is touching her toys. 

I may or may not push the baby over while she attempts to crawl.  She'll walk for the rest of her life.  No need for her to start now.

Lately...

I've been freaking out about my business trip that I have to take to CA.  I'll be gone for 6 days/5 nights.  I don't worry about Cameryn because she'll be fine.  She's such a daddy's girl anyway, she probably won't miss me that much.  I do worry about Jordin.   Will they hear her if she gets up in the middle of the night?

You know how it is, no one knows your child better than you do.  My mama heart worries, that's all.

Y'all say a prayer for my husband and my father-in-law who are watching my kids next week. Wait, no, say a prayer for my kids, okay?

I'll be in sunny Laguna Hills, getting my LC on.






You Might Also Like

3 comments

Instagram