Unplugged

9:43 AM

This was one of my first posts almost two years ago and it's still an issue that I encounter daily.  I am re-posting this today because I have found that this problem is so universal, far too many people can relate to this, and for me, it's frustrating.  We, as a community, are truly incapable of being content with ourselves.  We must be connected to the outside world, we must have some form of stimulation 24/7.  So many times I find myself in a conversation with someone who is glued to their phone, iPad, or laptop whether it be at home, at work, in the elevator, or at a meal.  It's rude.  I seriously want to rip their link to the outside world from their hands and ask them if they really know the people around them and what they are saying?  I challenge you to 'unplug' yourself for a few hours each day to enjoy your family, step outside and enjoy the fresh air,  to really be in the moment with the people you love. I promise that the news won't change that much while you are gone.

***

Have you ever met someone who cannot unplug? Someone who, no matter where they are, must be connected to something that runs on a battery and has contact with the outside world?

I do.

Facebook, Facebook games, pictures, movies, songs, TMZ, CNN, random sites, random information... And that's just on a computer. But then there are phones with free apps galore. Free games. Free random information. Free random quotes.

STOP!

Seriously. 

Unplug yourself. 

Walk away from the computer. Put your phone down. Make an effort to be there, really 110% there, when people that you know and care about are around. Talk to them. Be a part of their lives. Spend quality time with them. Moments are precious and rare, are you making the memories that you should? 

Unplug yourself, people. Live in the moment.

I know where you put your power cords.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram