Wedding Weekend...

6:30 PM

Congratulations to Brad and Shana who are saying "I do."  RIGHT now!
(Gotta love scheduled posts!)

I'm giving a speech tonight as the MOH.
Here it is:

Before I start I would like to say that Shana, you look absolutely beautiful and Brad you’re not so bad yourself!
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Laurin, and for those who do know me you are truly blessed.
Shana and I met eleven years ago at the gym where we worked.  Our common denominator was that one of my college roommates was her ex-boyfriend from long ago.  From that day on, her number was on my speed-dial. 
Shana is the friend that I turn to when I need to laugh or I need to cry.  She taught me about how to be a parent and now, with the help of Brad, she is also teaching me about birth control!  When Shana first asked me to be her maid of honor I was really excited to share this day with her, but as the big day approached I knew that I would have to get up here and give this speech.  I’m loud around people I know but somewhat shy in public and I was trying to think of a way to get out of it, but have any of you tried to say no to Shana?  
So, here I am.
I’ve been married for 6 years tomorrow and I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  Now Brad, I’ve known Shana for eleven years, and being that I’ve known her a little longer than you, I have some survival advice for you.
1.     Whenever you are wrong, admit it.  Whenever you are right, just be quiet.  It will be better for you in the long run because trust me, you won’t win.
2.     Let Shana think that she is getting her way.  And then let her have it.
3.    If she says, "Do whatever you want to" - You'd better figure out what it is she wants you to do.
4.      Her birthday is a holiday.
5.     Last, but not least, never be afraid that Shana will leave you, she has spent the past few years training you and she will not give that up lightly. 
I’ve heard it said that sometimes love is sweeter the second time around.  This is absolutely true in Shana and Brad’s case.  My advice to both of you is this:  Love one another.  Take each day and cherish your time together.  Take time to talk to one another.   Put your love and your family first, and everything else second. And don’t forget to stand together because with 6 kids they may stage a coop!
Let’s raise our glass to the new Mr and Mrs Tyner.
May your love be like the wind, strong enough to move the clouds, soft enough to never hurt, but always never ending. To love, laughter and happily ever after!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram