Dinner Bells

9:07 AM

Occasionally, I come across a recipe that Chris and I both really enjoy.  He added some Sriracha hot sauce to his plate though!  I made this on Sunday when it was rainy and I was still feeling under the weather.  I don't use our crock pot that often because I feel like a lot of the dishes come out tasting exactly the same.  This one, however, was fantastic!  Even the leftovers were yummy (but Chris said that he was glad that they were gone last night- HA!)

 I did alter the recipe slighty since I was using more veggies and chicken than the recipe called for.
 Let me know if you enjoy it as much as we did!

 

Creamy Chicken with Biscuits

Ingredients

  • 3/4 pound carrots (about 4), cut into 1-inch lengths (I used the precut carrots)
  • 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced (I used 4 - I love the flavor from fresh celery)
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I added en extra tablespoon)
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8) (I used 2lbs of chicken breasts)
  • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used 3/4 cup of Toasted Head Chardonnay)
  • 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth (I used 3/4 cup)
  • Biscuits, split (I used Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits)
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions

  1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
  2. Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
  3. Twnety minutes before serving, prepare Biscuits.
  4. Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
  5. To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram